Washable Markers That Last!
A Magic Stix Review
You might be thinking… “gee, they must be addicted to The Pencil Grip, Inc. because they have done a bunch of reviews of their products”. The truth is… I think you’re right! This time we are smitten over the 24 pk of Magic Stix Washable Markers.
* I have some exciting news to share with you. The Pencil Grip, Inc. has offered for me to host a giveaway of their amazing 24pk of Magic Stix Washable Markers to one of you. How exciting is that? Stick around to the end for the info.
You may recall the challenge I posted during our review of the 12pk of Magic Stix. These washable markers are truly amazing. They guarantee not dry out with the cap off for 7 days. During our challenge we found they can actually go without the caps for even longer. I’m sure climate and temperature play a roll in this somehow, but for us, we gave up on Day 10. Yes, 10 days of no cap and the marker colored smoothly and the ink was still vibrant.
Below is a little info on what makes these washable markers so amazing!
- Guaranteed not to dry out with the cap off for 7 days. Can we say “busy toddler”?
- Bright and Bold Colors
- Available in 12 and 24pks
- Sturdy Case Each marker clips into it’s own spot. The case is sturdy (clear) plastic with a built in handle. This makes for perfect storage and great for travel.
- Same Color Caps No more mistaken color.
- Vented Safety Cap This is a safety feature to prevent choking. Vented pen lids and marker caps are designed to allow air flow through – in the event they get swallowed.
Aside from doing what you would normally do with markers… color with them – we tried to be a little creative and have some fun. We decided to see if we could fade the colors by writing fun words with blended colors. Starting with a dark color and fading into light.
Here we started with the dark orange and faded into yellow.
This black to yellow. I will explain how we did this in just a sec.
Here’s brown to yellow.
This one is dark purple to pink.
This was was a combination of dark blue to teal. Orange to peach, and green to yellow.
This one was a deep pink faded into gray.
Here’s how we faded the colors!
We used the inside of the lid to smear a bit of the dark color. Then, taking the lighter color, color over the smear. This will add some of the dark ink to the lighter marker tip. As you write, the darker color will start to wear off which allows the lighter color to start showing through. This did not ruin the markers at all. The darker color wears off the lighter tip as you write. If any dark color remains after you write your word, simple scribble it off on a separate sheet of scrap paper. We had a blast doing doing this activity. The kids got a kick out of watching the colors fade from one to the other.
Because these are fabulous washable markers the smears on the inside lid clean up easily with a wet paper towel.
We also used Magic Stix to create our Valentine’s for the homeschool Valentine’s party that we attended.
I do hope you give Magic Stix a try! They are truly a must have art supply for your classroom or homeschool. These markers are so thrifty because you don’t have to buy markers over and over because they dry out. These washable markers save you money!
You can also check them out here:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thepencilgrip/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thepencilgrip
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kwikstixpaint
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLmKo4Es5M5VwzXuFKk7j6w<